State Materials Office
The Chemistry Laboratory is responsible for the evaluation of specifications for a variety of products ranging from various adhesives and paints to fencing and sign materials. This program also conducts the research of service life for these materials and the use of recycled products.
- Chemistry Laboratory Overview
- Laboratory and Field Testing Services
- Sample Certification Forms
- Sample Delivery Process
Note: For information on hazardous coatings, please contact Nikita Reed, Chemistry Laboratory Manager at (352) 955-6654.
The State Specification's Product Evaluation Office is the initial point of contact for manufactured products being introduced to the Department. This office also maintains the Qualified Products List. For additional information, please visit one of the below links.
Training and Presentations
- Acceptance Process for Manufactured Products by Certification [PPT - 671KB]
- Chemistry Tutorial [PPT - 231.50KB]
- Cleaning and Painting of Structural Steel - The Basics [PPT - 169KB]