Roadway & Bridge Structural Design
- Design Standard Scope of Services - (Updated August 2015) This Word document should be completely filled out for the project. (Right click on link and save file.) The scope file is the complete Standard Scope which includes all design activities and should be used on every design Project. The document has areas for project specific information, which are indicated by bold-italics text with yellow highlight. Please remove the highlight (leaving the text formatted as bold-italics) when the information is inserted. All changes and/or additions to the Standard Scope shall be made in bold-italics to help draw attention to the users of project specific changes.
- Design Staff Hour Estimation (SHE) Guidelines - (Updated August 2015) This is an Excel file containing over 30 worksheets. (Right click on file and save file.) This document provides detailed information, breaking down the activities and tasks that can appear in a scope document, along with recommended staff hour ranges to provide a detailed effort of the design work.
- Design Staff Hour Estimation Forms - (Updated August 2015) This is an Excel file containing over 30 worksheets with formulas. (Right click on link and save file.) These forms are used to record the estimated hours for each activity and task listed in the project specific Scope of Services. These forms are used to estimate staff hours, which are used in the negotiation process.
- Scope of Services Macro - This is a .zip file that contains all the MS Word documents, workbook, macro and instructions to assemble a Standard Scope of Services for Design services. To download the file, right click the hyperlink and select "Save Target As" and save it to your computer. Complete instructions for the use of this macro and files can be found in the file named _ReadMe-MacroInstructions.docx. This file has been edited to reflect the changes in Design Bulletin 15-14, Monitor Existing Structures.
- Revision Log - This Excel file lists all the changes
that have taken place since the last published Scope of Services and Staff Hour Estimation forms and guidelines.
For further information please contact:
Alan Hart , P.E.
FDOT Production Support Office