Office of Policy Planning
Abbreviations in this issue:
- Exploring Pedestrian Responsive Traffic Signal Timing Strategies In Urban Areas (Sign-in Required) - This paper describes strategies to optimize signal timing at intersections by incorporating pedestrian needs and evaluates the effects of signal timing parameters on pedestrian delay.
- 2000 to 2007-2009 to 2010-2012: Changes in Transit, Walk and Bike Commute Shares - This site provides journey-to-work data on the nation's top 30 counties in transit, bike and walk shares:
- Stemming the Tide: Why Women Leave Engineering - This study investigates women engineers' experiences in technical workplaces.
- Miscellaneous Reports
- The Competitiveness of Cities - This report presents a taxonomy of drivers of city competitiveness as well as a number of representative case studies of cities around the world.
- The trouble with trying to make trains go faster - This article reports on the pitfalls facing train designers trying to reach even greater speed on rails.
- Violations and Enforcement of Graduated Driver Licensing Restrictions in North Carolina and Washington State - This report examines teen driver violations of graduated driver licensing provisions in 2 states to gain insight into enforcement of these restrictions.
For further information contact Monica Zhong or phone (850) 414-4808