Office of Policy Planning
Abbreviations in this issue:
IDOT - Illinois Department of Transportation
MPO - Metropolitan Planning Organization
NEPA- National Environmental Policy Act
PND - Personal Navigational Device
- Driver License Renewal Policies and Fatal Crash Involvement Rates of Older Drivers - This report investigates several state laws and requirements pertaining to license renewal for older drivers, with the objective of determining whether and which such policies reduce fatal crash rates, and by how much.
- Stuck in Traffic: Analyzing Real Time Traffic Capabilities of Personal Navigation Devices and Traffic Phone Applications - This study measures the accuracy of traffic jam reporting of PNDs and phone apps.
- A Survey of Public Opinion about Connected Vehicles in the U.S., the U.K., and Australia - This survey examined public opinion regarding connected-vehicle technology across three major English-speaking countries - the U.S., the U.K., and Australia.
- Miscellaneous Reports
- Bikes, Trains and Less Driving: Transportation Trends in Arizona - This report examines a trend that Arizonans are driving less and using other forms of travel more.
- Managing Vacant and Abandoned Property in the Green Zone of Saginaw, Michigan - This report focuses on options for managing land use and infrastructure in the Green Zone of Saginaw, Michigan.
- Incorporating NEPA into IDOT and MPO Planning Processes - This project assists IDOT in defining the guidelines on how to integrate the NEPA into the current IDOT and MPO planning processes for large-scale highway projects.
- Data Collection and Analysis for Active Transportation - This website provides discussions on methods and challenges of pedestrian and bicyclist data collection and analysis.
For further information contact Monica Zhong or phone (850) 414-4808