Office of Policy Planning
Abbreviations in this issue:
SRTS - Safe Routes to School
- Rural Connections: Challenges and Opportunities in America’s Heartland - This report looks at the condition, use and safety of the nation’s rural transportation system, particularly its roads, highways and bridges, and identifies needed improvements. State comparisons are available at http://www.tripnet.org/national-info-reports.php.
- Implementation of High Accuracy Radar Detectors for Traffic Safety Countermeasure Evaluation - This report evaluates the feasibility of using high accuracy radar sensors for temporary, portable data collection for the evaluation of rural road traffic safety projects.
- Shared-Use Mobility Summit - This white paper discusses the state of the industry and trends in major shared-use mobility sectors: carsharing, bikesharing, ridesharing, and on-demand ride services. It summarizes summit sessions and highlights issues such as scaling of the shared-use mobility sector, integration of shared-use mobility services and public transit, and micro- and macro-policy considerations related to insurance, taxation, and parking.
- Miscellaneous Reports
- An Equity Profile of the Southeast Florida Region - This document presents an equity analysis of the Southeast Florida region to effectively address equity issues throughout its process of planning for a more integrated and sustainable region.
- Ten Years Later: Examining the Long-Term Impact of the California Safe Routes to School Program - This study examines the effectiveness of the program in reducing crashes, injuries and fatalities involving children in the vicinity of the SRTS-funded infrastructure improvement projects.
For further information contact Monica Zhong or phone (850) 414-4808