Office of Policy Planning
Abbreviations in this issue:
DOD - Department of Defense
GAO - U.S. Government Accountability Office
NHTSA - National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- Multimodal Transportation Best Practices and Model Element - This report provides guidance in developing a multimodal transportation element of a local government comprehensive plan.
- Foot Traffic Ahead: Ranking Walkable Urbanism in America's Largest Metros - This report ranks the country's top 30 metropolitan areas based on the amount of commercial development in Walkable Urban Places.
- GAO Reports
- Traffic Safety: Alcohol Ignition Interlocks Are Effective While Installed; Less Is Known about How to Increase Installation Rates - This report discusses the ignition interlock effectiveness and the extent to which NHTSA has assisted states in implementing ignition interlock programs, including the grant program.
- Public Transportation: Federal Role Key to Rural and Tribal Transit, GAO-14-589 - This report examines (1) Federal Transit Administration's funding, oversight, and other support for the rural transit program; (2) changes in services, ridership, and costs since 2009; and (3) challenges that rural and tribal transit providers face and possible actions to address them.
- Climate Change Adaptation: DOD Can Improve Infrastructure Planning and Processes to Better Account for Potential Impacts - This report describes potential impacts identified by DOD that may affect its infrastructure; evaluates DOD's efforts to conduct vulnerability assessments; assesses how DOD is accounting for climate change impacts in certain planning efforts; and evaluates the extent to which DOD incorporates adaptation into its infrastructure-investment efforts.
- Modal Shift and High-Speed Rail: A Review of the Current Literature - This report provides a review of scholarly literature with direct relevance to the topic of modal shift and high-speed rail .
- Miscellaneous Reports
- The Renewable Fuel Standard: Issues for 2014 and Beyond - This report evaluates the supply of renewable fuels required under the Renewable Fuel Standard and discusses the challenges of implementing and complying with it.
For further information contact Monica Zhong or phone (850) 414-4808