Office of Policy Planning
Abbreviations in this issue:
DHS - Department of Homeland Security
OTREC - Oregon Transportation Research and Education Consortium
- The Economic and Societal Impact Of Motor Vehicle Crashes, 2010 - This report examines the economic, societal and other costs resulting from motor vehicle crashes. It places in perspective the economic losses and societal harm that result from these crashes, and provides information to government and private sector officials for use in structuring programs to reduce or prevent these losses.
- Older, Smaller, Better: Measuring how the character of buildings and blocks influences urban vitality - The report details the research methodology, statistical modeling results, and mapping analysis, and includes community case studies from three study cities.
- OTREC Reports (Login Required)
- Latino Immigrant Communities and Equity in Transit Oriented Development - This research compares and contrasts development and the community and equity impacts of three large transit oriented development projects in low-income Latino immigrant communities.
- Lessons from the Green Lanes: Evaluating Protected Bike Lanes in the U.S. - This research evaluates protected bike lanes in five distinct contexts varying in population, driving and cycling rates and cultures, and weather: Austin, Texas; Chicago, Illinois; Portland, Oregon; San Francisco, California; and Washington, District of Columbia.
- Maritime Critical Infrastructure Protection: DHS Needs to Better Address Port Cybersecurity - This report identifies the extent to which DHS and other stakeholders have taken steps to address cybersecurity in the maritime port environment.
For further information contact Monica Zhong or phone (850) 414-4808