Office of Policy Planning
Abbreviations in this issue:
FTA - Federal Transit Administration
NTPP - Nonmotorized Transportation Pilot Program
- Public Transit: Length of Development Process, Cost Estimates, and Ridership Forecasts for Capital-Investment Grant Projects - This report describes (1) the length of the development process across New Starts, Small Starts, and Very Small Starts projects and the factors affecting the length, (2) capital cost-estimate changes throughout this process, and the factors contributing to the changes, and (3) how project sponsors forecast ridership, including support that FTA provides.
- Nonmotorized Transportation Pilot Program: Continued Progress in Developing Walking and Bicycling Networks - This report examines how the NTPP pilot communities provide examples to other communities interested in implementing and evaluating nonmotorized investments.
- Racial Bias in Driver Yielding Behavior at Crosswalks - This research investigates whether driver behavior toward pedestrians in crosswalks is influenced by the race of the crossing pedestrian.
- Dangerous by Design 2014 - This report looks at where pedestrian fatalities happen and who's most at risk, presenting data from every county, metro area, and state.
- Freight Facts and Figures 2013 - This report provides an overview of freight transportation, focusing on the volume and value of freight shipments, the extent of the freight network, industry employment and productivity patterns, and related safety, energy use, and environmental effects.
- Miscellaneous Reports
- Annual Energy Outlook 2014 - This report focuses on the factors that shape the U.S. energy system over the long term. The Reference case provides the basis for examination and discussion of energy production, consumption, technology, and market trends and the direction they may take in the future.
- The Future of Transportation - This site contains a series of articles regarding transportation in the future.
For further information contact Monica Zhong or phone (850) 414-4808