Office of Policy Planning
Abbreviations in this issue:
- Understanding Older Drivers: An Examination of Medical Conditions, Medication Use, and Travel Behavior - This study examines the relationships between a wide variety of medical problems and medications on the one hand, and the driving behavior and mobility of older people on the other. It focuses on creating baseline information on older driver behavior, medication use, and medical conditions.
- Economic Impact of Public Transportation Investment - This report examines how investment in public transportation affects the economy in terms of employment, wages and business income. It specifically addresses the issue of how various aspects of the economy are affected by decisions made regarding investment in public transportation.
- Accelerating Infrastructure Delivery: New Evidence from International Financial Institutions - This paper focuses on the lessons of international financial institution experience in three areas: funding and financing of infrastructure projects, project preparation, and innovative funding approaches.
- Building Local Agency Capacity for Public Engagement in Local Road Systems Planning Decision-Making - This research is a comparative analysis of public engagement methods for involving stakeholders in decision-making about complex transportation issues.
- Miscellaneous Reports
- Building for Wellness: The Business Case - This report profiles 13 completed projects from around the world to raise awareness of the connections between health and the built environment, and to encourage the development of communities that are conducive to healthy living.
For further information contact Monica Zhong or phone (850) 414-4808