Office of Policy Planning
Abbreviations in this issue:
MPO - Metropolitan Planning Organization
NHTSA - National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- Transportation Funding: Transportation Costs - This report compiles and reports on trends in various components of costs associated with transportation infrastructure and services.
- Review of MPO Regional Planning, Decision Making, and Coordinated Project Implementation - This report This research details how alliances of MPOs across Florida have taken advantage of the opportunity provided in Florida law to plan on a scale covering multiple MPO areas.
- Has Motorization in the U.S. Peaked? - Part 4: Households without a Light-Duty Vehicle - This study examines recent trends in the proportion of households without a light-duty vehicle as another index of the motorization level. Two analyses are performed. The first analysis examines the changes in this proportion for the entire U.S. from 2005 through 2012. The second analysis studies the variations in this proportion among the 30 largest U.S. cities for 2007 and 2012. Other reports are also available: Part 1, Part 2 and Part 3.
- Transportation Futures: Policy Scenarios for Achieving Greenhouse Gas Reduction Targets - This report examines various policy options that can achieve large-scale reductions by 2040, based on the current time frame of Annual Energy Outlook forecasts. It analyzes three scenarios: changes in the perceived price of travel, land-use intensification, and increases in transit.
- NHTSA Reports
- Miscellaneous Reports
- Nation at Crossroads - This website lists the impacts of federal investment on the nation's and the states' transportation system.
- Climate Change 2014: Impacts, Adaptation, and Vulnerability - This report characterizes observed impacts, vulnerability and exposure, and adaptive responses to date; examines future risks and potential benefits, and considers principles for effective adaptation and the broader interactions among adaptation, mitigation, and sustainable development.
- The Future of Transportation Finance - This webinar outlines the history of transportation finance, discusses why innovations are needed and proposes near-term, intermediate and long-term solutions.
For further information contact Monica Zhong or phone (850) 414-4808