Office of Policy Planning
Abbreviations in this issue:
COOP - Continuity of Operations
FDOT - Florida Department of Transportation
- Transportation Funding: Transportation Costs - This report examines trends in various components of costs associated with transportation infrastructure and services. It focuses on typical costs incurred by FDOT and some other public-sector transportation agencies in Florida.
- Extreme Weather Events: Limiting Federal Fiscal Exposure and Increasing the Nation's Resilience - This testimony focuses on four areas where the government could limit its fiscal exposure: property and crop insurance, disaster aid, owner and operator of infrastructure, and provider of technical assistance to state and local governments.
- Infrastructure Investment Policy Blueprint - This report provides recommendations on how governments can attract private capital to public infrastructure projects while creating clear social and economic value for citizens.
- Nice Stations: Optimally Locating Nice Ride Minnesota Bike Share Stations - This study examines how people integrate bike-share into their daily travel.
- Miscellaneous Reports
- 100 Years of Commercial Aviation - This publication looks at the history of commercial aviation in its centennial celebration and introduces the pioneers of the industry and aviation in general.
- Can Driverless Cars Solve Transportation and Infrastructure Problems? - This interview answers questions about the state of the nation's road system and infrastructure.
- In Government Continuity of Operations, Forewarned is Forearmed (Sign in required) - This paper highlights the importance of COOP in disaster recovery efforts and protecting essential functions for government units. Cases and best practice advice are provided.
For further information contact Monica Zhong or phone (850) 414-4808