Office of Policy Planning
The "Moving Ahead for Progress in the 21st Century Act" (MAP-21) was signed into law (Public Law No:112-141) on July 6, 2012. The Act extends federal highway and transit funding through federal fiscal year 2014. This page provides information and updates on MAP-21 and FDOT's implementation.
Summaries and Analyses
- FDOT Summary of estimated funding and other key issues affecting Florida
- FDOT Summary of transit provisions
- U.S Department of Transportation
- Federal Highway Administration
- Federal Transit Administration
- Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration
- American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials
- American Public Transportation Association
FDOT MAP-21 Performance Report
A 2015 MAP-21 Performance Report documenting the Department's accomplishments toward advancing the national goals set forth in MAP-21 was issued in February, 2015.
FDOT MAP-21 Performance Rulemaking
Federal rulemaking is underway to implement the performance reporting requirements of MAP-21. FDOT comments on the proposed regulations and related information will be posted below.
- November 5, 2014 - Additional Authorities for Planning and Environmental Linkages - FDOT Comments
- August 27, 2014 - Statewide and Nonmetropolitan Transportation Planning; Metropolitan Transportation Planning - FDOT Comments - MPOAC Comments - AASHTO Comments
- August 7, 2014 - Webinar, Statewide and Metropolitan Transportation Planning NPRM - Recording - Slides
- June 16, 2014 - National Performance Management Measures: Highway Safety Improvement Program - FDOT Comments
- December 20, 2013 - National and Public Transportation Safety Plans (MAP-21) and Transit Asset Management - FDOT Comments
FDOT MAP-21 Reauthorization Recommendations
FDOT recommendations for the reauthorization of MAP-21 are provided below. Additional recommendations may be added.
- Overall Recommendations
- Project Delivery
- The 2015 Transportation Fiscal Cliff
- Florida's Rate of Return
FDOT MAP-21 Webinar
A Webinar on "MAP-21: What It Means for Florida" was held Wednesday, September 5, 2012. Staff of the Florida Department of Transportation conducted the Webinar.
- Webinar Slides - Part I, Morning Session - Part II, Afternoon Session
- Webinar Recordings (in WMV format)
- Webinar Questions (as of 10/2/12) - All questions submitted have now been answered.