FAQ Answers - Computation Book Forms
The Master Pay Item List I extracted from Trns*port does not work with the
Computation Book Forms in Excel 2007. What can I do to fix this problem?
Using the Downloaded Master Pay Item List with Excel 2007 document
In order to utilize the Computation Book Forms distributed by the State Construction Office, a Master Pay Item List must be extracted from Trns*port. The Master Pay Item List is extracted in a web based Excel format and requires the user to make some changes for the Master Pay Item List to function correctly in conjunction with the Computation Book Forms. The changes required for Excel 2003 can be reviewed at the following url:
The following procedure outlines the changes necessary to utilize the Master Pay Item List in Excel 2007.
- Open the downloaded Master Pay Item List in Excel 2007. When the following warning appears, click Yes to continue.
- Save the file as an Excel 97- 2003 Workbook with the file name PayItem.xls. This file should be located in the same directory as the computation book forms.
- Click the Formulas tab and then the Name Manager icon.
- The Name Manager dialog appears. Click New.
- The New Name dialog appears. Enter “PayItemDataRange” in the Name field and then enter “=PayItem!$A$2:$E$xxxx” in the Refers to field, where xxxx
is the last row in the spreadsheet that contains data. This number will vary with the different letting dates and spec years. In the example shown below row 2560 is the last
row that contains data in the spreadsheet. When finished, click OK to proceed.
- When the Name Manager dialog reappears, click New again as shown in step 4 above. In the New Name dialog, enter “PayItemRange” in the Name field, “=PayItem!$A$2:$A$xxxx”
in the Refers to field, where xxxx is the last row in the spreadsheet that contains data, and then click OK.
- Click Close to exit the Name Manager dialog.
- Click the Save icon at the top of the window and exit the file.
- First open the PayItem.xls file saved in step 2 above and then open the appropriate Computation Book Form. Once the
computation book form is open, click Options button next to the Security Warning.
- Select Enable this content from the Microsoft Office Security Options dialog and click OK.
After completing this step, the Computation Book Form should be fully functional.