Follow these steps to Sign and Seal files in PEDDS
- Open up the project in PEDDS (instructions here).
- Switch to the signatory who will sign and seal files (instructions here).
- Using the PEDDS Folder View, navigate to the folder where the signatory will sign files.
- Click the check box next to the file to be signed and sealed. The file should be highlighted green.
- Click the Sign and Seal button in the toolbar or select "Signatory->Sign and Seal" from the menu.
- After some processing, the checkbox will uncheck and the icon next to the file will change.
- This process can be repeated as needed. More than one file can be selected before the sign and seal process is invoked.
- Also, all of the files can be selected or deselected via the buttons at the bottom of the file view. The invert button causes all selected files in the file view to be deselected and all deselected files in the file view to be selected.
Selected File in File View
Sign and Seal Toolbar Button
Sign and Seal Menu Item
A Newly Signed File
File View Buttons
Un-Signing and Sealing Files in PEDDS
To un-"sign and seal" a file in PEDDS, the steps are very similar to signing and sealing above. In step 4 above, instead of selecting a file to sign and seal, select a file that has been signed by the current signatory. Then, click the sign and seal button, or use the sign and seal Signatory menu item, to un-"sign and seal" the file.
This is useful if you need to re-"sign and seal" files in order to correct any problems arising from securing or authenticating a project/delivery.