What is a File Qualifier?
The File Qualifier may contain qualifying information such as stipulations, special conditions, or other information which would qualify the Signatory's intentions when signing and sealing a project file using this signature file.
Follow these steps to qualify a file in PEDDS
- Open up a project in PEDDS (instructions here).
- Switch to the signatory who will qualify a file (instructions here).
- Right click the file to be qualified. Please note that the file being qualified must be signed by the current signatory.
- Choose "Edit/View Qualifier" from the right click popup menu.
- The "PEDDS-Edit Qualifier" Dialog will open. Enter in some appropriate text or delete the text that's already there and click the "OK" button.
- The qualifier text will show up in the PEDDS file view.
- If the current signatory is changed, the qualifier text will not display.
- The qualifier text will re-display if the signatory who created it is made the current signatory.
Edit/View Qualifier Menu Item
PEDDS Edit Qualifier Dialog
File Qualifier Displayed in File View
File Qualifier Not Displayed