What is a Duplicate File?
A file in PEDDS is not only categorized by its filename. A file in PEDDS is also categorized by its content. A way to translate a file's entire content into a single discrete value is to determine a file's hash code.
This hash code can then be used for comparison or categorization.
Follow these steps to view the Duplicate File Report
- Open up the project in PEDDS from which you will view the Duplicate File Report (instructions here).
- Select "Reports->Project Reports->Duplicate File Report" from the main menu.
- The report dialog will open displaying the Duplicate File Report for the project.
- From the report dialog the Duplicate File Report can be printed or saved to a PDF or Excel file.
- When finished, click the red "X" in the upper right of the dialog to exit.
Duplicate File Report Menu Item
Report Dialog with Duplicate File Report
Report Dialog Menu