Follow these steps to delete a signatory from PEDDS
- Please note that when deleting a signatory, any files signed and sealed by the signatory will need to be re-signed and sealed by another signatory, if those files need to be signed and sealed.
- Open up the project in PEDDS (instructions here).
- Switch to the signatory who will be deleted (instructions here).
- Click the "Delete Signatory" toolbar button or select "Delete" from the "Signatory" menu.
- A dialog will open asking if the signatory is really supposed to be deleted. Click "Yes" or "No".
- If the "Yes" button is clicked, a confirmation dialog will appear stating that the signatory has been deleted.
- Deleting a Signatory can be reversed.
Delete Signatory Toolbar Button
Delete Signatory Menu Item
Delete Signatory Warning Dialog
Delete Signatory Confirmation Dialog
Restoring a deleted signatory
- Exit PEDDS.
- Using windows explorer, or a similar utility, navigate to the "_meta_info" folder of the project containing the deleted signatory that you want to restore.
- The signatory you just deleted will have a filename ending in ".xml.DELETE".
- Rename the file from "*.xml.DELETE" to "*.xml".
- When PEDDS is restarted and the project is re-opened, the signatory will be restored to the project/delivery and their signatures on any files will be restored.
Deleted Signature Filenames
Follow these steps to delete a signatory PERMANENTLY
- Follow the steps above to delete a Signatory from PEDDS.
- Select "Signatory->Manage Signatories->Remove Signatory.DELETE Files" from the main menu.
- A dialog will appear listing the signatory files to be permanently deleted and will confirm that the user wants to permanently delete the displayed signatories.
- If "Yes" is selected, the files will be deleted permanently. That is, they won't be recoverable in the Windows recycle bin. Therefore, permanently deleting signatories should only be performed by the Project Manager or a person with similar authority.
Permanently Delete Signatories Menu Item
Permanently Delete Signatories Warning Dialog