The Florida Disabled Toll Permit Program
The Florida Disabled Toll Permit Program was created in 1988 because
some disabled drivers expressed concern with their inability to toss
coins into the toll baskets on Florida's toll roads. The legislature
passed this legislation with the intent to eliminate these barriers for
disabled drivers, learn more about
"Beverly Chapman Act".
The Florida Disabled Toll Permit is issued when the following
conditions, as specified in s. 338.155, Florida Statutes, are met:
1. The individual certifies that he/she meets the intent of the legislation, i.e., has
severe and permanent upper limb mobility or dexterity impairments that
substantially impairs him/her from tossing coins into the baskets; has a
valid driver's license; and drives a specially equipped vehicle; and is
therefore qualified for such a permit.
2. The applicant provides a signed statement from the applicant's physician that he/she
meets the physical disability eligibility requirements, i.e., that
he/she does have a severe and permanent upper limb mobility or dexterity
impairment that substantially impairs him/her from tossing coins into
3. Verification is received from the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor
Vehicles, or the equivalent department in another state, that the applicant does have a valid driver's license.
4. Verification is received from the Florida Department of Health that the applicant's
certifying physician is a licensed physician.
Toll Permit Application Forms
Frequently Asked Questions -
Windshield Instruction Sheet -
Anticipated Renewal Schedule
First Time Applicants - Download a Toll Permit Application Form
Renew Toll Permit -
Download a Renewal Request Form
Replacement Toll Permit -
Download a Replacement Request Form
1) Duplicate Permits are issued ONLY to those patrons who return their existing permit.
2) Replacement Permits are issued for lost or stolen permits and ONLY after existing permit has been canceled.
Additional Toll Permit -
Download a Additional Toll Permit Request Form
1) Additional Permits are issued to existing permit patrons for an additional vehicle.
SunPass Transponder Application Form -
Download a SunPass Transponder Application Form
1) Only existing permit patrons can apply for a Non-Revenue SunPass Transponder.