Traffic Engineering and Operations Office
The State Traffic Engineering and Operations Office provides support and expertise in the application of traffic engineering principles and practices to improve safety and mobility.
- Statewide Wrong-Way Study Report 08-15
- Traffic Engineering Manual Section 3.6 Revision - Standardization of Yellow Change and Red Clearance Intervals for Signalized Intersections
- Traffic Ops Bulletin 01-13 - Direction to DB & P3 Project Phase Reviewers-Modification to ERC System
- Traffic Operations Bulletin 01-12 - Adding Signal Heads and/or Backplates to Existing Traffic Signals
- Evaluation of Dual Cable Signal Support Systems with Pivotal Hanger Assemblies - Final Report.
- Effective 1/15/2012, Florida adopted the FHWA's MUTCD 2009.
- The Traffic Engineering Manual has been completely revised to incorporate the MUTCD 2009 and update all references and links.
- Transportation Systems Management & Operations (A program based on measuring performance, actively managing the multimodal transportation network, and delivering positive safety and mobility outcomes to the travelling public in Florida.)
- Manual on Speed Zoning for Highways, Roads, and Streets in Florida (Speed Zone Manual) has been revised.
- Rule 14-51, F.A.C., Florida's Highway Guide Sign Program has been revised (11/24/11).
- Florida Strategic Highway Safety Plan.